Auditorium Rental Policy and Rules for Use
The right of a group to use the Cuyahoga County Public Library (CCPL) Auditorium does not constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by CCPL. The needs of the Library and its affiliates take precedence over those of other organizations. The Library reserves the right to limit use where the demand for the Auditorium so requires. The Library reserves the right to offer other available meeting space to accommodate meetings and events.
Rules for Use All use of Auditorium must be approved by the Library Executive Director.
1. All those reserving the Auditorium must complete a written application. Maximum capacity is determined by desired room setup.
2. The Auditorium is available for public use between 7 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. daily, except Library holidays. The Executive Director or designee may terminate an event in progress for violating any Library policy or in the case of an emergency.
3. The maximum period of time during which a group may schedule the Auditorium on a reoccurring basis is six months depending on library planning needs as determined by the Executive Director. To be fair to all, we reserve the right to limit groups to one meeting per month.
4. All groups utilizing the Auditorium must designate one individual who will be required to sign an agreement. The individual signing the agreement must be an adult and is responsible for the orderly conduct of the group. In the event of any damage to library property and/or equipment, that individual will be liable. Young children accompanying adult users of the Auditorium shall not be left unattended. Minors are not permitted to use the Auditoriums without adult supervision.
5. The Auditorium must be left in the condition in which it was found unless other instructions are given. No equipment may be moved by lessee including but not limited to sound equipment, lighting equipment, and stage.
6. With Library approval entities may charge fees for Auditorium events. Non-profit organizations that charge admission or solicit donations at the Auditorium event will be asked to pay the rental fees.
7. All lessees, including non-profit organizations, will be charged rental fees when using the Auditorium during hours in which the Library is closed.
8. The Library requests a count of the number of attendees at each meeting. The individual signing the agreement is responsible for including the anticipated number on the rental application and submitting a count of actual attendees to the Library.
9. The Auditorium has a pantry kitchen available that includes a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, and sink. The pantry kitchen does not have an oven. Groups wishing to serve refreshments must include this information on the rental application. Each group is responsible for cleaning up after the Auditorium use.
10. All Library buildings and grounds are tobacco free. Use of e-cigarettes is also prohibited.
11. The library reserves the right to withdraw permission for Auditorium use when conditions described in this policy warrant such action. Meetings must be conducted so as not to disturb others using the library. Groups that disturb Library activities or Library users will be denied future use of the Auditorium.
12. Storage of equipment and/or supplies is not permitted in the Library.
13. The name, address or telephone number of the library may not be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization. The use of the Auditorium by a non-library group shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply sponsorship of the group’s activities by the library.
14. Except in cases of emergency, messages cannot be conveyed to the Auditorium participants or attendees.
15. Library audiovisual equipment and stage lighting is available only upon prior reservation and must be operated by Library staff.